Hot Stone Massage FHT Accredited
Continuous Professional Development CPD Course
Hot Stone Massage is a massage during which a therapist places heated stones on the body. Hot Stone Massage helps to relax and ease pain and tension in the muscles, reduce anxiety and stress, and promote sleep.
Our Hot Stone Massage course covers the theory and practice of manual hot stone massage. The syllabus includes using hot stones for a massage treatment, as well as knowledge about how to heat, cool and store hot stones. It follows on from foundation diploma courses in holistic massage and/or sports massage.
The course will also cover how hot stone massage can be used in conjunction with other therapies and disciplines.
On completion of the Hot Stone Massage Course, you will be able to get full professional insurance.
Hot Stone Massage Course Outline
- Learn the theory of Hot & Cold Stone Massage.
- Different types of Hot & Cold stones.
- Where to place the specific stones.
- Specific Hot & Cold Stone massage routine.
- Contraindications to Hot & Cold Stone Massage.
- Use of specific stones to carry out the massage.
Hot Stone Massage Course Objectives
After successfully completing the course, you will be able to:
- Open your own hot stone massage practice treating clients from a clinic or from home.
- Work in health clubs, hotels, ski resorts, or offer mobile massage treatments.
- Treat clients using Hot Stone Massage techniques.
- Study one of our further advanced massage courses.
- Supplement your full-time income by working part-time.
- Provide hot stone massage treatments to family and friends.
- Develop your Continual Professional Development Portfolio (CPD).
- Use the title ‘Hot Stone Massage Therapist’.
Prerequisites & Who is this course for?
You must have an accredited Level 3 Diploma in Massage including Anatomy, Physiology and Pathology – or equivalent, or higher.
Hot Stone Massage Exam Specification
- Assessment and feedback during class.
Hot Stone Massage Course
Qualification: IPHM Certificate
This course can be tailored to your requirements and run anywhere in the U.K.