Manual Lymphatic Drainage CThA, FHT
Continuous Professional Development CPD Course
The Manual Lymphatic Drainage course covers the theory and practice of manual lymphatic drainage. It follows on from foundation diploma courses in massage and/or sports massage.
The course will also cover how manual lymphatic drainage can be used in conjunction with other therapies and disciplines.
During Manual Lymphatic Drainage Massage, the therapist uses gentle techniques to stimulate the lymphatic vessels. This therapy has many benefits, including relieving fluid congestion in pregnancy, boosting the immune system, improving chronic conditions such as sinusitis and rheumatoid arthritis, and speeding healing after cosmetic surgery.
On completion of the Manual Lymphatic Drainage Course, you will be able to get full professional insurance. Please note that providers differ on how much cover they offer.
Manual Lymphatic Drainage Course Outline
- Structure and function of the lymphatic system including lymphocytes, lymph tissue, lymph vessels, lymph nodes, ducts, capillaries, spleen.
- Main lymph nodes of the body.
- Overview of the blood vessels of head and neck.
- Relationship between blood and lymph.
- History of Manual Lymphatic Drainage Massage.
- Contraindication to Manual Lymphatic Draining Massage treatment.
- Explanation and demonstration of manual lymphatic drainage massage techniques including the four basic strokes (as well as additional methods), that can be sequenced and applied to any part of the body and incorporated into your massage routine.
Please note before booking:
The Manual Lymphatic Drainage Course CPD course covers topics including female breast health. There will be demonstrations of draping techniques, close to the axillary region.
Manual Lymphatic Drainage Course Objectives
After successfully completing the course, you will be able to:
- Open your own private practice treating clients from home.
- Work in health clubs, hotels, and ski resorts.
- Offer mobile visiting massage treatments.
- Treat clients using Manual Lymphatic Drainage Massage techniques.
- Study one of our further advanced massage courses.
- Supplement your full-time income by working part-time.
- Provide Manual Lymphatic Drainage Massage treatments to family and friends.
- Develop your Continual Professional Development (CPD) portfolio.
- Join the Federation of Holistic Therapists (FHT)
- Use the title ‘Lymphatic Drainage Massage Therapist’.
Prerequisites & Who is this course for?
You must have an Ofqual accredited Level 3 Diploma in Massage including Anatomy, Physiology and Pathology – or equivalent, or higher.
Without an accredited Diploma, you may be able to attend the course, but you will not receive an FHT, CThA or IICT accredited certificate. This may affect your ability to obtain professional insurance. Without an accredited Diploma you may not be able to join the FHT, CThA, IICT, or any other professional body.
Please submit a copy of your accredited qualifications along with with your application to join the course. If we do not receive this information, your certificate may be printed without the FHT, CThA and IICT logos, with an additional cost for the correct certificate.
Manual Lymphatic Drainage Exam Specification
- Assessment and feedback during class.
Manual Lymphatic Drainage Course
This course can be tailored to your requirements and run anywhere in the U.K.