Reflexology Diploma Course
The FHT Reflexology course is a foundation course that equips you with practical and theoretical skills. This FHT accredited course will enable you to gain employment in the Complementary therapy Industry.
Our Reflexology course will teach you to understand and communicate the theory and practice of reflexology, read the feet with the view of all aspects of their clients health, to confidently complete a client case history, to answer any questions that clients may ask regarding a reflexology treatment.
The comprehensive routine will allow you to confidently perform a complete reflexology treatment and record your findings.
On completion of the course and relevant course work you will be able to confidently call yourself a Reflexology Practitioner and seek employment from this.
The syllabus covers Anatomy and Physiology – Complete online, Reflexology (theory and practice), Professional Conduct, Business Awareness, and Principles and Practice of Complementary Therapies. It also provides a solid foundation for further training at Levels 3 and 4, such as Massage or Aromatherapy.
Reflexology massage originated in traditional medicine, and has developed into a modern treatment that uses massage techniques to relieve pain by the stimulation of pressure points on the hands and feet.
Reflexology Course Outline
- History, theory and philosophy of Reflexology.
- Techniques of Reflexology.
- External reading of the feet.
- Reflexology Technique and sequence.
- Interpretation of Reflexes.
- Zones and their relation to organs and functions.
- Referral areas/cross references.
- The Holistic approach.
- Contraindications to Reflexology.
- Introduction to Hand Reflexology.
- Concepts and theories as to how and why Reflexology works.
- Client reactions – during and in between treatments.
- Consultations and record keeping.
- Common disorders/diseases.
- Devising a treatment programme.
- Home care advice.
Reflexology Course Objectives
After successfully completing the reflexology course, you will be able to:
- Open your own private practice and treat clients from home.
- Work in health clubs, hotels, ski resorts or offer mobile visiting Reflexology massage treatments.
- Use your reflexology training to treat clients and give advice on its home use.
- Supplement your full-time income by working part time.
- Provide reflexology massage treatments to family and friends.
- Add to your Continual Professional Development (CPD) portfolio.
- Join the Association of Reflexologists (AOR).
Prerequisites & Who is this course for?
There are no formal prerequisites, this 11 day course is for absolute beginners.
If you already hold a Level 3 Diploma in Body Massage with Anatomy, Physiology and Pathology, the course duration is only 6 days.
If you are unsure of your current course qualifications, please call
Reflexology Exam Specification
- A one hour practical Reflexology examination.
- A multiple choice Anatomy, Physiology and Pathology Exam (not necessary if already taken in a previous qualification completed within the last five years).
- 40 completed home case studies (thorough guidance given during lectures).
- 60 one off treatments.
- 2 Assignments (Business Plan & Complementary Therapies (if not already completed in a previous qualification).
11 days * Exam fee not included.
This course can be tailored to your requirements and run anywhere in the U.K.