Reflexology Diploma Course
Our Reflexology courses cover the practical and theoretical training you need to provide reflexology treatments to the general public and to gain employment in the complementary therapy industry.
Reflexology massage originated in traditional medicine, and has developed into a modern treatment that uses massage techniques to relieve pain by the stimulation of pressure points on the hands and feet. Skills and training you will learn on this reflexology course include how to visually analyse the feet, a variety of reflexology techniques, as well as professional skills such as effective communication with clients.
Reflexology Course Outline
- History, theory and philosophy of Reflexology.
- Techniques of Reflexology.
- External reading of the feet.
- Reflexology Technique and sequence.
- Interpretation of Reflexes.
- Zones and their relation to organs and functions.
- Referral areas/cross references.
- The Holistic approach.
- Contraindications to Reflexology.
- Introduction to Hand Reflexology.
- Concepts and theories as to how and why Reflexology works.
- Client reactions – during and in between treatments.
- Consultations and record keeping.
- Common disorders/diseases.
- Devising a treatment programme.
- Home care advice.
Reflexology Course Objectives
After successfully completing the reflexology course, you will be able to:
- Open your own private practice and treat clients from home.
- Work in health clubs, hotels, ski resorts or offer mobile visiting Reflexology massage treatments.
- Use your reflexology training to treat clients and give advice on its home use.
- Supplement your full-time income by working part time.
- Provide reflexology massage treatments to family and friends.
- Add to your Continual Professional Development (CPD) portfolio.
- Join the Association of Reflexologists (AOR).
Prerequisites & Who is this course for?
No Academic Prerequisites needed.
If you are unsure of your current course qualifications, please call us.
Reflexology Exam Specification
- A one hour practical Reflexology examination.
- A multiple choice Anatomy, Physiology and Pathology Exam (not necessary if already taken in a previous qualification completed within the last five years).
- 40 completed home case studies (thorough guidance given during lectures).
- 60 one off treatments.
- 2 Assignments (Business Plan & Complementary Therapies (if not already completed in a previous qualification).
11 days * Exam fee not included.
This course can be tailored to your requirements and run anywhere in the U.K.