Our Aromatherapy Massage courses teach you everything you need to practice Aromatherapy.
Aromatherapy uses aromatic plant oils for health and well being. Essential Oils are used to produce massage blends, creams, sprays and vapours for use on the body.
Aromatherapy can be practised on its own, or used in conjunction with therapies such as Sports Massage, Hot Stone Massage, Indian Head Massage & Reflexology.
The aromatherapy massage course is taught by professional and practising Aromatherapists with a passion for the subject, using experience from their own practice.
Aromatherapy Massage Course Outline
- History & development of Aromatherapy.
- Why and how Aromatherapy works.
- Physiological therapeutic effects of essential oils & aromatherapy.
- Exploration of living plants used to make aromatherapy oils.
- A knowledge of carrier oils.
- In-depth knowledge of over 40 essential oils.
- Use, care and storage of essential oils.
- How to blend bespoke Aromatherapy oils for clients.
- Utilise your current Massage Routine.
- The holistic approach – treating the whole person.
- Contraindications to Aromatherapy Massage.
- Basic knowledge and recognition of skin types.
- Professionalism, Ethics and Hygiene.
Aromatherapy Massage Objectives
After successfully completing the course, you will be able to:
- Open your own private practice, treating clients from home.
- Work in health clubs, hotels, ski resorts or offer mobile visiting massage treatments.
- Treat clients using aromatherapy massage oils and advise on its use.
- Study one of our further advanced massage courses.
- Supplement your full-time income by working part-time.
- Provide massage treatments to family and friends.
- Develop your Continual Professional Development (CPD) portfolio.
- Join organisations such as the Complimentary & Natural Healthcare Council (CNHC).
- Use the title ‘Aromatherapist’.
Prerequisites & Who is this course for?
You must hold an accredited and approved Ofqual Level 3 Diploma in Body Massage with Anatomy, Physiology and Pathology.
Please ensure you have active and recent knowledge of a full massage routine.
If you are unsure of your current course qualifications, please call us.
Aromatherapy Massage Course Duration
The Aromatherapy massage course is a fast track and intensive program.
Topics are taught for a total period of 6 days, spread over 2-3 months to allow time for revision and for completion of case studies.
Home study and case history assignments are completed in conjunction with formal lectures and practicals.
Aromatherapy Massage Exam Specification
- A mulitple choice Exam in Anatomy, Physiology and Pathology (not necessary if already taken in a previous qualification completed within the last five years).
- 60 completed home case studies (thorough guidance given during lectures).
- 2 Assignments (Business Plan & Complementary Therapies (if not already completed in a previous qualification).Aromatherapy Massage
Aromatherapy Massage Courses
6 days * Exam fee not included.
This course can be tailored to your requirements and run anywhere in the U.K.