ITEC Diploma in Anatomy and Physiology Level 3 QAN 100/2412/8
Human Anatomy and Physiology is the study of anatomy (the way our bodies work) and pathology (the science of diseases).
Our anatomy and physiology courses follow the ITEC Anatomy, Physiology & Pathology for Complementary Therapists syllabus and are graded at level 3 (QCF), a nationally recognised qualification.
Anatomy, Physiology & Pathology is the foundation for many courses in complementary and massage therapies. It is suitable for students wishing to study human anatomy and for those in the fields of medical studies, complementary therapies and bodywork.
Anatomy and Physiology Course Outline
- Cells and their Organelles.
- Different types of Tissues and their classification.
- Skin – its different layers and functions.
- Skeletal Systems – composition, types and function of bones & joints.
- Muscular System – different types of muscles, their composition and function.
- Cardiovascular System – Heart structures and function, Blood Vessels and Blood Circulation.
- Lymphatic System – Lymph glands and production of Tissue Fluid.
- Respiratory System – Lungs and air pathway and exchange of gases.
- Neurological System – Brain structures and function and Nervous Tissue.
- Endocrine System – Main endocrine organs and role of hormones.
- Genito-Urinary System – Kidneys and water metabolism.
- Pathology and diseases of the various body systems.
Anatomy and Physiology Course Objectives
After successfully completing the course, you will be able to:
- Take courses in other complementary therapies such as Body Massage and Baby Massage
- ITEC Anatomy, Physiology qualifications are recognised by major examination bodies
Prerequisites & Who is this course for?
This course is open to anybody with an interest in the study of Anatomy & Physiology, or who wishes to advance to other courses and complementary therapies.
It is a Level 3 Qualification and QCF accredited.
Anatomy and Physiology Exam Specification
Anatomy, Physiology & Pathology Course Exams
After each module, short questions and tasks will be completed at home. These will be submitted to Brighton School of Massage via email or post.
Each week will begin with a short test based on the previous week’s learning.
One home assignment.
A final multiple choice exam of 50 x Questions on Anatomy, Physiology & Pathology.
Anatomy & Physiology Course
4 days *Exam fee not included.
Qualification: ITEC Diploma
This course is BOTH home and class study.
a) Home study can be started anytime
b) Class study follows the same dates as the APM classes.
Call for details and to discuss before purchasing.
This course can be tailored to your requirements and run anywhere in the U.K.