FHT Indian Head Massage
The Indian Head Massage course is open to anybody who would like to practice traditional Indian Head Massage. Treatment focuses on the head, face, shoulders and neck while the client is in a seated position.
The course includes extra training in the use of traditional Indian Hair oils and their incorporation into a typical treatment.
The Indian Head Massage course is taught by professional and practising Massage Therapists with a passion for the subject, using experience from their own practice.
The course follows the FHT Indian Head Massage syllabus. On successful completion of the training, you will be able to practice professionally and get professional insurance.
Indian Head Massage Course Outline
- Blood supply to the head, neck and shoulder area.
- Bones of the face, neck and shoulders.
- Main nerves of the head and face.
- Muscles of the face, neck and shoulders.
- Lymph supply to the head and neck.
- Structure & function of the skin.
- Different skin types.
- Skin diseases and skin cancers.
- History of Indian Head Massage.
- Body chakras.
- Full Indian Head Massage routine.
- Contraindications to Indian Head Massage treatment.
- Benefits of Indian Head Massage.
- Scalp conditions and related pathology.
Indian Head Massage Course Objectives
After successfully completing the course, you will be able to:
- Open your own private practice, treating clients from home.
- Practice Indian head Massage in offices.
- Work in health clubs, hotels, ski resorts offer mobile visiting massage treatments.
- Treat clients using Indian head Massage and give advice on its use.
- Supplement your full-time income by working part-time.
- Poviding regular massage treatments to family and friends.
- Develop your Continual Professional Development (CPD) portfolio.
- Use the title ‘Indian Head Massage Therapist’.
Prerequisites & Who is this course for?
No formal prerequisites. The Indian head Massage course is suitable for beginners, as well as those holding prior massage/body therapy training.
Indian Head Massage Exam Specification
- A practical examination of 30 minutes
- 15 Multiple Choice papers.
- 4 x Case Studies (thorough guidance given during lectures).
Indian Head Massage course
3 days *Exam fee not included.
Qualification: FHT Award
This course can be tailored to your requirements and run anywhere in the U.K.