FHT Diploma in Massage
Our FHT holistic massage course is a foundation course that equips you with practical and theoretical skills, such as Deep Tissue and Advanced Massage Techniques.This accredited course will enable you to gain employment in the Holistic Massage Industry. The syllabus covers Anatomy and Physiology – Complete online, Holistic Massage (massage theory and practice), Professional Conduct, Business Awareness, and Principals and Practice of Complementary Therapies. It also provides a solid foundation for further training at Levels 3 and 4, such as Reflexology or Aromatherapy.
Holistic Massage Course Outline
Topics covered include:
Online Anatomy and Physiology
The study of the body structures and how they work.
The course will cover all the major systems of the body including:
- Cells, tissues and the organelles.
- Skin structure and functions.
- Muscles system and functions.
- Skeletal system and functions
- Circulatory system and functions.
- Respiratory and functions.
- Lymphatic system and functions.
- Nervous system and functions.
- Endocrine system and functions.
- Digestive system and functions.
- Reproductive systems and function.
- Urinary system and functions.
Each topic will be followed by learning about the common Pathologies (diseases) which affect that system.
Massage – Holistic Massage Theory & Practice
From aspects of touch, through to the use of major massage strokes, benefits and contraindications. Topics include:
- The principles of Therapeutic Body Massage.
- Supervised, hands-on approach to teaching practical massage skills.
- Guidance & demonstrations on a sequenced holistic massage routine lasting one full hour.
- Access to full instructional videos.
- The benefits of massage and its contraindications.
- Development of a holistic approach – treating the ‘mind, body and spirit’.
- The correct application of massage techniques and the use of proper body posture.
- Use of different massage mediums.
Professional Conduct and Business Awareness
You will learn about setting up in business, and the key tools you need to start your own practice.
Topics covered include:
- Forms of Marketing and how to get yourself noticed.
- UK Business Laws relevant to sound practice.
- Professionalism & Ethics.
- Concepts and practice of hygiene.
- Health & Safety related to clinical practice.
Principals and Practice of Complementary Therapies
- History and Origins of Complementary Therapies.
- Identify commonly available Complementary Therapies.
Holistic Massage Objectives
- Open your own private practice and treat clients full or part-time from a spare room at home or a clinic.
- Supplement your full-time income by building your own client base for Massage Treatments.
- Work in a health club, hotel, cruise ship or a ski resort.
- Study one of our further advanced massage courses.
- Continue with studies such as Aromatherapy or Reflexology.
- Carry out treatments for family, friends or colleagues.
- Join a Professional Organisation such as the Complimentary & Natural Healthcare Council (CNHC).
- Use the title ‘Massage Therapist’.
Prerequisites & Who is this course for?
There are no formal prerequisites. The requirements are simply an interest in Holistic Massage Therapy, the human body, and the wish to benefit others, as well as a desire to embark on a new career.
We will teach you how to align your financial goals with your passion and your life’s purpose.
The course will involve some computer work and students will need access to a PC or laptop.
Holistic Massage Exam Specification
- One Final Multiple Choice Question Paper – Anatomy, Physiology & Pathology. (Online)
- Home study – ensure you set aside enough time for this.
- Business Practice assignment
- Complementary Therapies assignments.
- 16 x Case Studies (thorough guidance given during lectures).
- 20 further Holistic Massage treatments (in addition to above).
- Holistic Massage Theory and Practical exam.
This course can be tailored to your requirements and run anywhere in the U.K.
Holistic Massage Course
11 days *Exam fee not included
Qualification: FHT Diploma
Summer Weekend Course.
Part 1) 25th 26th & 27th July
Part 2) 15th 16th & 17th Aug.
Part 3) 12th & 13th Sept
Part 4) 3rd & 4th October
Autumn Weekend Course
Part 1) 19th 20th & 21st Sept.
Part 2) 10th 11th & 12th Oct.
Part 3) 31st Oct & 1st Nov.
Part 4) 28th & 29th Nov.