FHT Diploma in Massage
The FHT holistic massage course is a foundation course that equips you with practical and theoretical skills, such as Deep Tissue and Advanced Massage Techniques. This accredited course will enable you to gain employment in the Holistic Massage Industry.
Our Holistic Massage course will enable you to confidently treat a variety of clients with conditions such as: Stress, Headaches, Chronic aches and pains, Computer strain. The comprehensive routine will allow you to confidently offer many treatment options for your client.
The syllabus covers:
Holistic massage practical and theory – Attendance classes
Anatomy and Physiology – Complete online
Professional Conduct, Business Awareness – Complete online
Principals and Practice of Complementary Therapies – Complete online
You can start learning as soon as you enrol.
Completing our Holistic massage diploma provides you with a solid foundation for further training at Levels 3 and 4, such as Reflexology, Indian Head Massage or Aromatherapy.
Holistic Massage Course Outline
Topics covered include:
Online Anatomy and Physiology
The study of the body structures and how they work.
The course will cover all the major systems of the body including:
- Cells, tissues and the organelles.
- Skin structure and functions.
- Muscles system and functions.
- Skeletal system and functions
- Circulatory system and functions.
- Respiratory and functions.
- Lymphatic system and functions.
- Nervous system and functions.
- Endocrine system and functions.
- Digestive system and functions.
- Reproductive systems and function.
- Urinary system and functions.
Each topic will be followed by learning about the common Pathologies (diseases) which affect that system.
Massage – Holistic Massage Theory & Practice
From aspects of touch, through to the use of major massage strokes, benefits and contraindications. Topics include:
- The principles of Therapeutic Body Massage.
- Supervised, hands-on approach to teaching practical massage skills.
- Guidance & demonstrations on a sequenced holistic massage routine.
- Access to full instructional videos.
- Adapting massage techniques to suit the needs of the client.
- Deep tissue and hands free techniques to save your hands.
- The benefits of massage and its contraindications.
- Development of a holistic approach – treating the ‘mind, body and spirit’.
- The correct application of massage techniques and the use of proper body posture.
- Evaluating the effectiveness and results of a treatment.
- Use of different massage mediums.
- Aftercare and homecare advice for clients.
Professional Conduct and Business Awareness
You will learn about setting up in business, and the key tools you need to start your own practice.
Topics covered include:
- Forms of Marketing and how to get yourself noticed.
- UK Business Laws relevant to sound practice.
- Professionalism & Ethics.
- Concepts and practice of hygiene.
- Health & Safety related to clinical practice.
- Prepare a business plan for your practice.
Principals and Practice of Complementary Therapies
- History and Origins of Complementary Therapies.
- Identify commonly available Complementary Therapies.
Holistic Massage Objectives
- Open your own private practice and treat clients full or part-time from a spare room at home or a clinic.
- Supplement your full-time income by building your own client base for Massage Treatments.
- Work in a health club, hotel, cruise ship or a ski resort.
- Study one of our further advanced massage courses.
- Continue with studies such as Aromatherapy or Reflexology.
- Carry out treatments for family, friends or colleagues.
- Join a Professional Organisation such as the Complimentary & Natural Healthcare Council (CNHC).
- Gain insurance and work as a professional Massage Therapist.
Prerequisites & Who is this course for?
There are no formal prerequisites. The requirements are simply an interest in Holistic Massage Therapy, the human body, and the wish to benefit others, as well as a desire to embark on a new career.
We will teach you how to align your financial goals with your passion and your life’s purpose.
The course will involve some computer work and students will need access to a PC or laptop.
Holistic Massage Exam Specification
- One Final Multiple Choice Question Paper – Anatomy, Physiology & Pathology. (Online)
- Home study – ensure you set aside enough time for this.
- Business Practice assignment – Online
- Complementary Therapies assignments – Online.
- 16 x Case Studies (thorough guidance given during lectures).
- 20 further Holistic Massage treatments (in addition to above).
- Holistic Massage Theory and Practical exam.
This course can be tailored to your requirements and run anywhere in the U.K.
Holistic Massage Diploma
11 days *Exam fee not included
Qualification: FHT Diploma