Our FHT and IPHM accredited Sports Massage level 3 course will help you to gain a recognised qualification that will allow you to practise professional sports massage in many areas of the world.
At level 3, a Sports massage therapist’s role includes, planning, providing and evaluating sport massage treatments. Treatments in context; sports massage can be carried out for pre, post, inter and maintenance purposes, using a range of basic massage techniques.
Upgrade: You already have a massage qualification.
You will be required to attend 4 face to face classes.
Beginners: You have no massage qualification.
You will be required to attend 6 face to face classes.
However, even if you are a complete beginner, with our school you will have an opportunity to become a sports massage therapist, being able to work with the general public and athletes as well.
Our specially designed course, will enable you to develop the understanding, knowledge and skills needed to competently apply sport massage methods to dysfunctional tissue and in a pre, post, intra/inter and maintenance massage context.
This course consists of 6 days of face to face classes, including theory and practical workshops.
During the first 4 days you will be working on basic and advanced massage techniques, developing knowledge and understanding of the essentials of massage therapy, including contraindications, clients care, etc.
Then during the final 2 days you will upgrade to be able to perform pre, post and maintenance sports massage safely and efficiently.
All Sports Massage level 3 course objectives will apply.
The syllabus covers:
Anatomy and Physiology for Sports Massage
Principles of Health and Fitness – Assignment and theory
Professional Practice in Sports Massage – Assignment and theory
Understanding the Principles of Soft Tissue Dysfunction
Sports Massage Treatments – case studies: 3 clients to be treated 3 times each.
Sports Massage Objectives:
After successfully completing the holistic massage course, you will be able to:
- Open your own private practice and devise different sports massage strategies for pre-event, during event and post-event treatments.
- Work in a health club, hotel, cruise ship or a ski resort and integrate the sports massage techniques.
- Study Level 4 Sports Massage Course.
- Continue with studies such as Aromatherapy or Reflexology.
- Join a Professional Organisation such as the Complimentary & Natural Healthcare Council (CNHC).
- Gain insurance and work as a professional Sports Massage Therapist.
- You will learn a range of accurate subjective and objective assessment and examination methods. This will include postural analysis, active and passive ranges of motion, strength and flexibility testing, functional testing and palpation; all enabling you to perform and adapt your sports massage treatment correctly and safely to meet the individual needs of your clients.
Prerequisites & Who is this course for?
You have 2 options:
If you hold a recognised level 3 Massage and Anatomy Physiology qualification, see our upgrade qualification.
If you are an absolute beginner, see our 6 day Sports Massage Course.
If your Anatomy Physiology qualification is more than five years old, you need to complete the online Anatomy refresher course. This can be done alongside your Sports Massage Course.
Deposit of £ 590.00 will enrol you onto the course
Sports Massage Exam Specification
- Home study – ensure you set aside enough time for this.
- 3 Assignments
- 15 x Case Studies (thorough guidance given during lectures).
- Sports Massage Theory and Practical exam.
FHT IPHM level 3 Certificate in Sports Massage
Upgrade: 4 days
Beginners: 7 days
Upgrade: £995.00 + £195.00 exam fee
Beginners: £ 1595.00 +
£ 195.00 exam fee
Please contact us for dates
Summer Weekend Course: AVAILABLE
Part 1) 9th 10th July
Part 2) 17th July
Part 3) 24th July
Part 4) 30th 31st July
Autumn Weekend Course: AVAILABLE
Part 1) 3rd 4th September
Part 2) 17th 18th September
Part 3) 24th 25th September
Autumn Weekday Course: AVAILABLE
Part 1) 12th 13th September
Part 2) 19th 20th September
Part 3) 3rd October
Part 4) 17th October
Winter Weekend Course: AVAILABLE
Part 1) 29th 30th October
Part 2) 5th 6th November
Part 3) 19th November
Part 4) 13rd December
Winter Weekday Course: AVAILABLE
Part 1) 7th 8th November
Part 2) 13th 14th November
Part 3) 28th November
Part 4) 12th December