FHT level 3 Certificate in Sports Massage (including FHT Diploma in Massage)
Our FHT accredited Sports Massage level 3 course will help you to gain a recognised qualification that will allow you to practise professional sports massage in many areas of the world.
As an absolute beginner you will also gain the FHT Diploma in Holistic Massage, allowing you to practise as a massage therapist even before you complete your Sports Massage training.
At level 3, a Sports massage therapist’s role includes, planning, providing and evaluating sport massage treatments. Treatments in context; sports massage can be carried out for pre, post, inter and maintenance purposes, using a range of basic massage techniques.
You will be required to attend 10 face to face classes and gain 2 qualifications. Upon completion of your Level 3 qualifications you will be able to further build on your career with Diploma courses such as Aromatherapy, Reflexology, Indian Head Massage or CPD courses such as Advanced Massage Techniques and Pregnancy Massage.
The syllabus covers:
Anatomy and Physiology for Sports Massage – Complete online
Principles of Health and Fitness – Assignment and theory
Professional Practice in Sports Massage – Assignment and theory
Understanding the Principles of Soft Tissue Dysfunction
Sports Massage Treatments – 4 days Attendance classes
Holistic massage (practical and theory) 6 days Attendance classes
Sports Massage Objectives:
After successfully completing the holistic massage course, you will be able to:
- Open your own private practice and devise different sports massage strategies for pre-event, during event and post-event treatments.
- Work in a health club, hotel, cruise ship or a ski resort and integrate the sports massage techniques.
- Study Level 4 Sports Massage Course.
- Continue with studies such as Aromatherapy or Reflexology.
- Join a Professional Organisation such as the Complimentary & Natural Healthcare Council (CNHC).
- Gain insurance and work as a professional Sports Massage Therapist.
- You will learn a range of accurate subjective and objective assessment and examination methods. This will include postural analysis, active and passive ranges of motion, strength and flexibility testing, functional testing and palpation; all enabling you to perform and adapt your sports massage treatment correctly and safely to meet the individual needs of your clients.
Prerequisites & Who is this course for?
There are no formal prerequisites for enrolling on our FHT Sports Massage Course. We take students from absolute beginner to professional level.
Deposit of £ 540.00 will enrol you onto the course
Sports Massage Exam Specification
- One Final Multiple Choice Question Paper – Anatomy, Physiology & Pathology. (Online)
- Home study – ensure you set aside enough time for this.
- Business Practice assignment – Online
- Complementary Therapies assignments – Online.
- 16 x Case Studies (thorough guidance given during lectures).
- 9 further Sports Massage treatments (in addition to above).
- Holistic Massage Theory and Practical exam.
- Sports Massage Theory and Practical exam.
FHT level 3 Diploma in Sports Massage (including FHT Diploma in Massage)
£1895.00 + £145.00 exam fee
Part 1) 4th 5th Sept.
Part 2) 11th 12th Sept
Part 3) 25th Sept
Part 4) 2nd Oct
Part 5) 6th 7th November
Part 6) 11th 12th December
Sports Massage Level 4